Citizen and Young Citizen of Honour Awards 2016
What are the Citizen and Young Citizen of Honour awards?
Fareham Borough Council runs the awards every year to honour and recognise residents who have made a difference to the lives of local people.
What can people be nominated for?
Young citizens (under 18) can be nominated for:
- Showing outstanding bravery
- Regularly helping others at school/college
- Coping with something life changing
- Giving unpaid voluntary service
- Or simply for having done something amazing that deserves recognition!
Adult citizens (18+) can be nominated for:
- Providing regular voluntary service to benefit the community
- Giving up their time to help look after the local environment
- Caring for an individual with a debilitating condition or long-term illness.
Check out previous years winners to see the sort of things they do and why they won
How old do nominees have to be?
There are three age categories:
- 4-11 years
- 12-17 years
- 18+ years
What do the winners receive?
The winners will recieve invitations to:
- The Mayor Making ceremony in May with 2 guests, to receive their award badges from the outgoing Mayor
- A reception with the new Mayor to receive Citizen of Honour certificates
- The Mayor's Civic Service and Remembrance Day Services
- A family ticket for the Gala Performance of the Pantomime held at Ferneham Hall.
How long does the term of Citizen of Honour last?
The term lasts for one full year from May 2016.
Why should I nominate someone?
People give up their time freely for others everyday, so we think it's really nice for these people to be recognised and to show our appreciation for the work they do.
Not only that, but anyone that puts forward someone for an award may also be rewarded courtesy of Ferneham Hall. Everyone who submits a form will be entered into a draw and the lucky winner will receive two tickets to a selected show of their choice.
How do I nominate?
Nominations for the 2016 awards are now closed and will re-open later in the year for the 2017 awards.
What happens next?
The Executive Members of the Council will decide on the winners at a meeting in March.
Only the winners will be notified with further details of what they will be invited to.
For more information or if you have any questions about the awards please contact the Communications Team on 01329 824609 or email email@example.com.