We aim to maintain our properties in good condition and ensure we comply with the Decent Homes Standard through programmes of planned maintenance. The planned works will commonly include one or more of the following:
- Kitchen and/or bathroom modernisation
- Replacement windows and doors
- Upgrading of electrics
- Boiler replacement
- Insulation works
- Give you an indication of when survey work will be undertaken in your home in order to prepare planned works programmes.
- Write to you giving the start date for works at your home at least two weeks before they start.
- Give choices where possible (eg colour of kitchen fittings, floor and wall tiling and choice of heating).
- Tell you how long works will take, and what effect they will have for you.
- Discuss any alternative arrangements that may be needed in advance.
- Ensure that properties most in need have works carried out first.
- Take advantage of opportunities to do major works when a property is empty so that there is minimum disruption for you where possible.
- Consult you if there is any implication on your service charge if you are a leaseholder.
- Be flexible in our approach to accommodate the needs of vulnerable people.
- Inspect and paint external woodwork every seven years.
- Maintain council owned gas heating appliances and service annually.
- Visually inspect and test for leaks, tenants' own gas appliances, (eg cookers and gas fires bought by tenant).
- Inspect and upgrade electrical systems every 5 years
You have a responsibility to:
- Allow us to come into your home each year for servicing gas heating appliances. We are required to do this by law and it is for your own safety. We may have to take legal action to gain access if you do not allow us to come in at a mutually acceptable time.
- Be in when appointments are made or let us know in advance if your plans change, so that we can rearrange our visit.