Improvements planned for Course Park Play Area have been revealed following on from the consultation undertaken in the summer. The contract to install the equipment has been awarded to HAGS SMP.
Improvement works will consist of:
• Installation of four items of fantastic new play equipment: an inclusive roundabout, which is suitable for wheelchair users; a junior multi-climbing unit, basket swing and a Nexus Freeride (swinging surfboard).
• Colourful floor graphics including hopscotch, a number snake and wildlife images.
• Relocating existing picnic tables to make way new equipment.
• A fresh coat of paint for pedestrian and vehicle access gates.
• Installation of a new bin.
• Updated signage on the play area entrance gates
Existing pieces of equipment were repainted earlier this summer as part of the Council's play area 'mini makeover' programme.
Executive Member for Leisure and Community, Cllr Sue Bell says, "The Course Park Play Area will enable all children get the most out of their play time. Thank you to the Resident Association and the local community who contributed their ideas, and helped make this happen."
You can view the plans at www.fareham.gov.uk/leisure Works to the play area are due for completion by spring 2016.
For more information please contact Emma Watts on 01329 824440 or email email@example.com
For further information contact:
Katy Ladyman, PR and Marketing Officer, Tel: 01329 824518
fax: 01329 550576, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org