The Travellers parked up on Cams Alders sports pitches left between 9.00pm and 10.00pm last night.
Fareham Borough Council have cleared around a tonne of builders rubble from the site, along with a transit load of filled black bin bags. The majority of this rubbish had already been bagged up by the travellers in bags supplied by Fareham Borough council when the travellers arrived at the site. The council also removed an empty gas canister and have replaced a set of three dragon’s teeth bollards which had been removed.
The removal of the rubbish and replacement of the bollards has cost Fareham Borough Council approximately £300 including vehicles, labour and disposal costs.
Executive Leader of Fareham Borough Council, Councillor Seán Woodward said:" I’m really pleased the travellers have moved off the site. Fareham Borough council are working with Fareham Town Football Club to ensure the clean-up process is done as quickly as possible so that the pitches are reinstated as fit for purpose, and Fareham Town Football Club’s youth tournament can go ahead on Saturday 30 June and Sunday 1 July as planned. "
Nick Ralls, Chairman of Fareham Town Football Club said: "I would like to thank the council for working with us and swiftly clearing the site. This is greatly appreciated by all the club officials and also by the 800 plus young players that will be attending the tournament"
For Further Information Contact:
Type Person Name, Job Title and Tel Number Here
fax: 01329 824505, e-mail: email@example.com
This and previous media releases can be viewed on the Council’s website: www.fareham.gov.uk/pressreleases