What is community funding?
About the community fund
If you have a project to help communities or the environment within the Borough of Fareham you might be able to get funding for it. We set up the community fund to help you make this area an even better place to live. It aims to help useful projects get off the ground.
Who can apply?
Any resident or organisation based in the Borough can apply for money from the fund. Your project must support or benefit our local communities or the environment.
What can you apply for?
Before applying to the fund, you must meet certain criteria:
- In most cases you can only apply for funding to meet 'one off' capital costs
- If you are setting up a new project, you can apply for a one off payment covering revenue costs, for a limited period of time agreed with the Council
- Your project must be sustainable by being able to keep going once our financial support is spent
- You will need to describe what the funding will be used for
- You will need to explain how you will also contribute to the project financially or by providing labour or goodwill
- If you are applying for more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.
The fund is not for:
- On-going running costs, utility bills or rental costs (unless for a start up project and then only for a period of time agreed with Council)
- Projects that don't involve the wider community
- Trips, meals, holidays and expeditions
- Projects which will result in commercial or personal gain
- Charity donations
- Retrospective funding for projects already under way or completed.
Organisations who have received community funding will have to wait 2 years before being allowed to apply again.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for any amount but if you are seeking more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.
To find out how you can apply for funding please click here.