If you have a project to help communities or the environment within the Borough of Fareham you might be able to get funding for it. We set up the community fund to help you make this area an even better place to live. It aims to help useful projects get off the ground.
Any resident or organisation based in the Borough can apply for money from the fund. Your project must support or benefit our local communities or the environment.
Before applying to the fund, you must meet certain criteria:
• You can only apply for funding to meet 'one off' capital costs
• Your project must be sustainable by being able to keep going once our financial support is spent
• You will need to describe what the funding will be used for
• You will need to explain how you will also contribute to the project financially or by providing labour or goodwill
• If you are applying for more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.
The fund is not for:
• on-going running costs, utility bills or rental costs
• projects that don't involve the wider community
• trips, meals, holidays and expeditions
• projects which will result in commercial or personal gain
• charity donations.
• retrospective funding for projects already under way or completed.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from organisations that have received funding from Fareham Borough Council within the 12 months before your application
You can apply for any amount but if you are seeking more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.
To find out how you can apply for funding please click here.