Code of Conduct
When we carry out work in your home we will do the following:
- Be dressed in a Fareham Borough Council or contractor sign written uniform (unless the work is being carried out by specialist contractors or agency staff)
- Introduce ourselves, carry identification cards at all times and produce this on entering your home as requested.
- Not leave your front door open on entering or leaving your home.
- Offer to put protective boot covers on to safeguard your flooring (where it is safe to do so)
- Be polite, courteous and treat you fairly.
- Not discriminate against any person because of their race, colour, sex or nationality.
- Not smoke, not use inappropriate language or play loud music
- Treat your home and possessions with respect
- Provide dust sheets where necessary and clear away rubbish every day
- Not use your telephone or toilet/bathroom without your permission.
- Not leave tools or possessions in your home overnight (without your permission)
- Leave your property clean and tidy when we have finished
- Keep your home safe and secure where applicable.
- Complete the job as quickly as possible with minimum disturbance
- Provide you with a 24-hour telephone number for emergencies outside normal working hours.