Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Estate improvements

We set aside a sum of money each year to spend on estate improvements. If you have an idea for an improvement, you can see here what qualifies as an improvement, the criteria to qualify and how to apply:

What is an estate improvement?

It is something that improves quality of life for residents in a block, road or an estate.

How does something qualify?

Suggested improvement must be on housing land owned by the Council and be of direct benefit to tenants and leaseholders (leaseholders could be asked to pay towards works through a service charge). We are accountable to them for what we spend and how. An improvement can be any of the following:

Other suggestions will also be considered if your idea is not listed above.

How to apply and what happens next?

You should apply on the application for estate improvements form which will be sent to your area housing estates officer. Everyone affected by the suggestion will be written to and asked for their views. If you can talk to some of your neighbours first to gather support this will help. Once we have consulted everyone and considered the proposal, we will contact you to let you know what happens next. If the idea can go ahead and has support, we will need to get quotes and arrange for the work to start. The person/people who made the application will be kept informed of progress.


For more details, contact your area housing estates officer on 01329 236100 or email or you can request details by writing to us at Tenancy services, Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds