Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Gas servicing, electrical and landlord safety checks

We have a statutory obligation to ensure all heating appliances have an annual landlord safety check, so when you receive an appointment letter you must ensure you allow access for this essential service. We currently aim to service all heating appliances every 10 months. Liberty Group are currently appointed as our heating servicing and repairs contractor.

Service appointments are made via letter direct to you the tenant, Liberty Group will offer you an appointment date and offer a morning or afternoon time slot. If the appointment on the letter is not suitable it is up to you to contact Liberty Group on freephone 0800 9702 512 to re arrange.

You can call Liberty Group between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday to make or re-arrange a servicing appointment.

Why is gas safety important?

What to do if you smell fumes or smoke/carbon detectors are activated?

Useful tips



Electrical safety checks

We aim to undertake a periodic electric test every 5 years to our council homes.

How long will the electric safety check take?

The electrical safety checks take on average,  2 hours to complete and involves checking the electrical sockets, switches, light fittings and the fuse board.

Test instruments are used to check the electrical safety of the concealed wiring.

The electrician will need access to all rooms within your home to test all electrical fittings where practical.

How will I know if my home is due to be tested?

You will receive a works order via the post, Service appointments are made direct with you the tenant, i.e phone or card through the post if no response via the phone, our contractor will offer you an appointment date and offer a morning or afternoon time slot. If the appointment is not suitable please advise the contractor and they will re arrange.

Carrying out electrical work in your home

If you are planning to carry out any electrical work in your home, no matter how minor, i.e. change a light fitting, add extra sockets, install a shower, you must first obtain written permission from your Housing Estate Officer.

All electrical work must be carried out by a certified and approved electrical contractor.

All alterations must be supported by an appropriate electrical test certificate. A part 'P' Compliance Certificate may be required in some instances depending what type of electrical work is carried out.


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds