skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Supported tenancies

We let a number of properties where support is provided. This includes accommodation fitted with a community alarm for tenants over the age of 60. We also sub-let a small number of properties for other organisations to support to tenants until they may be able to sustain a Council tenancy of their own.

What is a supported tenancy?

It is where a tenant receives support so that he/she can maintain their tenancy and enjoy independent living. Support provided could be an alarm or general counselling depending on the tenant's needs and the type of accommodation they live in.

Who provides the support?

Support is provided by a number of organisations including us. This might be through visits from a sheltered housing officer or floating support worker.

How much does the support cost?

It varies according to each tenant's needs and the accommodation they live in.

Who pays for support?

Support can be paid for in a number of ways, including direct to the provider or by a supporting people payment for tenants who received housing benefit before April 2003. After this date you may need to apply for help if you are unable to afford it yourself.

For more information, contact tenancy services on 01329 236100 or e-mail


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds