skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Housing / Help To Stay In Your Home

Adaptations For People With Disabilities

What is a disabled adaptation?

The Council carries out work in residents' homes including:

Who can apply for an adaptation?

Residents of Council owned dwellings who have disabilities, can apply for adaptations to meet their specific needs.

How do I make an application?

If you are registered disabled and feel you need adaptations to your home, it must be made through Social Services Direct - Occupational Therapy (SSDOT) by telephone, fax or email.


Your needs will be assessed by an Occupational Therapist who will make recommendations for any adaptations as necessary.


Contact details are at the end of this page.

How is my request processed?

A request for adaptation must be received from Social Services. Minor adaptations may be raised immediately providing you with a Job Number for reference. Larger work may need a Surveyor to fully assess the extent of the work and subsequently obtain quotes.


Smaller works such as ramps and handrails will be carried out by the council's own tradesmen.

How long does it take?

Smaller works are normally carried out within 28 days. Larger works, due to the longer process, on average, may take a couple of months.


If the cost of the adaptation exceeds 8,000 then the schemes must be approved by the Council Executive.


Contact Details

Adults' health and care - Occupational Therapy

Contact, Assessment Resolutions Team (CART)

Hampshire County Council

The Parkway, 94-96 Wickham Road, Fareham, PO16 7JL

Phone 0300 555 1378  8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday


At all other times phone  Out of hours 0300 555 1373

Fax – 01329 282534

Email –


Housing Maintenance Surveyors - Smaller Works

Andrew Pope - 01329 236100

Tony Burrows - 01329 236100


Building Contracts Surveyor - Larger Works

Shaun Barnett - 01329 236100

Whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy, Fareham Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions.

This document can be provided in large print, on tapes or translated into your language by contacting the Housing Support Team on 01329 236100 or e-mail


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds