skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Housing / Landlords

Fareham Borough Council's "afford scheme"


The afford scheme PDF (308 KB) has been set up to help people who contact us to find private rented accommodation. Although we are not responsible for overall management of the property, the scheme is designed to provide landlords with security and peace of mind during the early stages of a tenancy by providing:

If you are interested in letting your property and would like more information, contact us on 01329 236100 or e-mail:

All landlords must make energy performance certificates available to all new tenants as part of the lettings process. Each EPC will last 10 years. For more information please see External Hyperlink. The Gas Safe Register is the official stamp for gas safety in Great Britain and the Isle of Man. CORGI gas registration is no longer valid or recognised by law in these regions. To work legally on gas appliances and installations plumbers must be on the Gas Safe Register. To find a registered plumber go to External Hyperlink.

You may also find the following information useful:

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds