Enjoying play areas safely
The Council has undertaken a risk assessment for each of the Borough's 45 play areas which has resulted in recommended numbers of users for each one. Find out the recommended numbers for each play area here (93 KB) .
You can also help to reduce the spread of Covid-19 by following the Government's advice:
- Social distancing - visitors should adhere to social distance guidelines at all times. To help with this, it is recommended that one adult or family member accompanies one child, where required, when entering the play area. If a site looks busy, visitors should wait at a safe distance or return later in order to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Cleanliness - the Council will undertake regular cleaning of all play areas. To ensure risk is minimised, visitors are asked to:
- Bring wipes to clean obvious touch points before children use equipment, such as swing chains, rocker handles, seesaw handles and gates;
- Bring hand sanitiser or wipes to clean children's hands during and after the visit;
- Wash hands thoroughly when returning home.
- Food and drink - consumption of food and drink in the play area is not allowed.
- Rubbish - visitors are asked to dispose of all litter in the bins provided. If the bin is full, please take your rubbish home. Do not leave rubbish next to a full bin.