CAT Meeting Notes
When? Thursday 3 September
Where? Holy Rood Church, Stubbington
Who chaired the meeting? Councillor Kay Mandry
How many people attended? 170
Questions from residents
Ref Stubbington Bypass and Newgate Lane South
- People who have commented in an adverse way have not read the plans properly. Thank you for the comprehensive plans. Thanks for the comment
- If the planning modelling software and people are the same as those who modelled the top of Newgate Lane I want to make sure we're not walking in same trap. As people are probably still trying to get here from Asda at the moment! The new roads (Stubbington Bypass and Newgate Road South) do not have the historic problems associated with Negate Lane North as they are entirely new roads. It will be the same people who do it but there is still more work to do on the Speedfields Park roundabout markings. Hampshire County Council is going to sort out the traffic problems. Lots of people have said that they have been able to go straight through from Lee to Fareham without anything like the previous delays.
- Funding for mitigation? If it runs over budget will it end up not finished? re Newgate Lane South £10m funding includes mitigation and it will have to be included as part of any planning consent. Have got the money paid for by government grant.
- Concern over entrance of Bypass near Crofton School. Could the entrance be moved? That would be difficult as we need to meet design standards. Cycling provision will be improving the routes from Peel Common and Crofton School. There will be other crossing facilities so it should be safer.
- I've looked through the submission. I'm concerned there will be a flooding problem at North East corner of Peak Lane junction. There is not sufficient drainage and it has been flooded several times. We're aware of the problem. We will install a sustainable drainage system. Not easy to say we have it covered 100% as weather and rain affects groundwater in different places. Lots of work has been done to ensure system operates effectively.
- Road junction not mentioned. Ranvilles Lane remains closed hope that will stay the same as it will turn into a rat run. It will remain closed. Northern section retained. Access to fields on northern side secured via connection onto Ranvilles Lane for farm traffic only.
- Won't the junction be an attraction to the developer of Newlands? Not being designed as a junction for all traffic, it will be for the farmer only.
- I've been to meetings in support of the bypass. I live on Gosport Road, will motorists bypass the bypass? Any mitigation measures around Stubbington? Good point. There is a worry that we put the Bypass in and then people don't use it. There will be measures for Stubbington that won't require planning permission. There will be a full consultation on mitigation measures. Always a balance that we look for. Want people to still use Stubbington Village shops.
- Traffic will go up single carriageway.Will it be sufficient and big enough?Why aren't we building dual carriageways? We're creating improvements at either end so the blockages won't be there. A dual carriageway would not sit well with the rest of the network.
Ref Daedalus vision
- Are there plans to build extra housing? 85% of the site belongs to Fareham Borough Council and there will be no housing on this site. In Gosport owned part of the site, Barratts are building at the moment.
- Is there a link between the funding for bypass and jobs at Daedalus? If there was no Daedalus and no Welborne then there would be no road infrastructure improvements around the access to Fareham and Gosport. Need to get the links right.
- Will it be locked down all day – with tight security? Increase of usage of airfield - what will you do to control noise? Security is tight, people can't just wander on to the airfield. Businesses not airside can be visited. Noise - limit of 40,000 movements a year. Won't see huge noisy jets;, quieter jets and take-off is over Solent which seems to work well and shouldn't be any nuisance.
- I support the motion. Residents fought hard against mineral extraction, so it's a relief to see development on the airfield and in naval times traffic was much worse. What take up has there been at the Innovation centre? In the first year we were hoping that one third would be occupied. But it is already 50% occupied in first few months.
- Noise - planes flying over house every day. Concerned about number of planes increasing. There is housing all the way around the airfield - in light of Shoreham.There is a huge volume of aircraft above our heads every day - it is the safest way to travel.
- Transport links into Airfield – is there a consideration to extend Stubbington bypass to tie in with airfield? No, the access for Daedalus will be considered independently. Stubbington bypass heads north with new junction. Doesn't need to extend.
- Exact plans to join greenfield end of East House Avenue and Daedalus? At the moment satisfactory arrangement. No plans but these are the comments that we want so we can see how to use green fields.
- Community green space - how will we get into it? Next stage to design green space will include the access point. Gosport Road is the logical point for the public.
- Commend FBC for moving to take on airfield at Daedalus. Done well to survive to this day. Investment been a help. Airside land is key to having a successful future. Current vision has 2 areas of aviation which are airside accessible. Critical amount of space in vision looks small for aircraft. Airfield has full length taxi way, vision means it would be lost. Parking areas for aircraft- vision looks like half will be used for non-aircraft. Not enough airside plots. Thanks for your comments; these will be taken into account for the next stage.
- Risk in getting funding for road scheme? 2 schemes we've been talking about but £90m worth of schemes overall. There is risk but we are trying to mitigate it. The only risk is on planning consent – to be decided by Members of HCC Regulatory Committee
- Is there a plan for a road through Daedalus CEMAST? Daedalus drive is HCC scheme starting soon. Due to finish next year. £7m road scheme.
- At the moment North of Newgate lane is not finished. They have currently moved onto Peel Common. Bits that aren't finished are being finished.
- Lots of people believe this is the route to Newlands. Nothing seems to be going forward? Ref Newlands planning application - couldn't care if still asking that question in 20 years as long as nothing is being built! We will determine it when developers ask us to. Many objections are in.
- East west road - sticking point there. Section 106 agreement - developer will have to fund junction. Concerned that developer will not go ahead to fund it. Funding is secured for the road; Homes and Communities Agency still own that land but it is being transferred to their preferred developer following a tender process.
- Thoughts are on HCA area? Waterfront area vision is a matter for Gosport Borough Council. The more jobs the better but not without challenges due to many listed (and listing!) buildings
About the CouncilCouncillors
, The Mayor
, Council and Democracy
, Elections and Voting
, Meetings and Decisions
, Corporate Governance and Standards
, Data Protection
, Freedom of Information
, Strategies, policies and plans
, Citizen of Honour Awards BenefitsHow to claim
, Change to your existing claim
, Information for working age people
, Information for pensioners
, Information for landlords
, Report a fraud
, Extra Help BereavementBereavement and Advice
, Registering a Death
, Legal and financial matters
, Funerals and Burials
, Portchester Crematorium BusinessFareham Economy
, Doing Business with the Council
, Business Rates
, Solent Airport Clean & TidyAbandoned Vehicles
, Beaches & Foreshore
, Fly Tipping
, Litter & Dog Fouling
, Graffiti & Flyposting
, Grounds Maintenance
, Public Conveniences
, Street Cleaning
, Street Furniture
Council TaxPaying your Council Tax
, Discounts and exemptions
, How is my Council Tax calculated
, Have your circumstances changed? GrantsCould you apply for your project?
, Projects we have helped Have your sayOpen Consultations
, Closed Consultations
, Comments, compliments and complaints
, YCAT meetings
, Deputations at meetings
, Social Media HousingExisting Council Tenants
, Looking for a Home
, Housing Strategies and Policies
, Help to Stay in Your Home
, Energy Efficiency & Improving Your Home
, Social Housing Fraud JobsCurrent Vacancies
, Continue Job Application
, Working at the council
, Applying for a job
, Equality and Inclusion
, Receiving regular job updates Leisure & CommunityOut and About in Fareham
, Open Spaces
, Visitor Information
, Ferneham Hall
, Leisure and Community Facilities
, Westbury Manor Museum
, Holly Hill Leisure Centre
, Young People
Licensing & InspectionsAir quality
, Contaminated land
, Environmental pollution and nuisance
, Food safety
, Health and safety at work
, Noise nuisance
, Pest control
, Dog control Parking & TrafficParking in Fareham Town Centre
, Parking for disabled people
, Pay a penalty notice
, Parking permits
, Parking reports
, Real time car park availability
, Traffic Management
, A27 St Margarets Roundabout
, Peel Common Roundabout
, Plan a Journey Planning & Building ControlPlanning Search
, Applications and advice
, Planning Enforcement
, Building Control
, Planning Strategy
, Regeneration Projects
, Historic Environment
, Natural Environment
, Coast Protection and Flooding
, Trees SafetyReport it
, Anti-social behaviour
, Vandalism and criminal damage
, Keeping safe
, Domestic violence
, How safe is Fareham
, Emergency planning
, Community Safety Waste CollectionRecycling
, Bulky Waste Collections
, Garden Waste and Composting
, Commercial Waste
, Food in Fareham WelborneWelborne Planning Application
, Welborne Website
, Local Plan
, Delivery of Welborne
, Welborne Supplementary Planning Documents