- Nearly three billion disposable nappies are thrown away in the UK every year, creating 670,000 tonnes of nappy waste. By using real nappies you could cut your household rubbish by up to half and help the environment at the same time
- Real nappies have come a long way since the days when the only option was a terry towelling one. There are lots of modern and funky styles that easily fasten with poppers, velcro or nifty little plastic grips
- Home-laundered nappies could save parents up to £500 on the cost of keeping a baby in nappies. You can make further savings by using the same real nappies for your second or third child or by buying second-hand nappies and accessories
- All nappies use energy – whether it's making disposables or washing real ones. But taking everything into account, washing nappies at home leads to less climate change impact than using disposables
- It doesn't have to be 'all or nothing' with real nappies - you could of course choose to use disposables when travelling or away from home.
You can get more information from The Real Nappy Information Service on 01208 265946
Real nappies can be purchased from a variety of suppliers, including Snugglebums .