Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close



If you have suffered a personal injury and/or a damage to your property for which you believe the council is responsible then you have the right to make a claim against the council.

There is no automatic right to compensation and the onus will rest with you to prove your claim.

For advice and information:

Contact Insurance on 01329 236100 Ext 4687, or email

To submit a claim directly via the Council's insurers:

Employers Liability

Public Liability

Highway Authority Incidents

Any highway claims should be addressed to Hampshire Legal Services at Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UJ.

If you are registered with the Claims Portal, highway related low value personal injury claims can also be directed to Hampshire County Council via the Claims Portal External Hyperlink.  The County Council is listed on the Portal website as a Defendant and Compensator organisation with the address Hampshire County Council, Castle Avenue, Winchester.


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds