Looking at ways to make your home more energy efficient to help reduce energy bills?
Fareham Borough Council has been awarded funding through the Government's 'Sustainable Warmth ' competition to offer fully funded, energy efficiency measures to homes in the Borough as part of the Warmer Homes programme.
The Warmer Homes programme offers a range of fully-funded energy-efficiency improvements for eligible residents including:
- Solid Wall Insulation (external)
- Solid Wall Insulation (internal)
- Room-In-Roof Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Underfloor insulation
- Loft Insulation
- Park external Wall insulation (off-gas homes only)
- High Heat Retention Storage Heaters (off-gas homes only)
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Solar PV panels
- Heating Controls
You can find out more about these measures on the Warmer Homes website here .
You can also find further information on other websites such as the Energy Saving Trust: https://energysavingtrust.org.uk
How much funding can I receive?
If your home is on-gas, funding of up to £10,000 is available and if your home is off-gas, funding of up to £25,000 is available and these measures may help you to reduce your household energy bills and keep your home warmer in the colder months.
Am I eligible?
Funding availability through the programme is subject to eligibility, technical feasibility and your home's EPC rating. You may qualify for the funding if the following statements apply:
Your home has an EPC rating of E, F or G (limited funding is available for EPC D rated properties).
You have a total household annual income of £30,000 or less (before housing costs/bills)
You receive a means-tested benefit
How can I apply?
This funding is offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications will take no longer than 5 minutes.
Apply online: visit www.warmerhomes.org.uk/programme and click 'Apply Now'
What happens next?
- Once we receive your eligibility verification documents, we will check your eligibility and if successful, you will be assigned to an appropriate installer within 4 working days.
- Your installer will then be in touch within 4 working days to arrange your technical survey and EPC (if required).
- Following your survey, you will receive a 'Quote Pack' from your installer which will include a no-cost quote and details of the proposed work. The no-cost quote provides confirmation that the measure(s) are fully funded. If you live in a private rental property, the landlord will be provided with a quote which will detail the landlord contribution required.
- The Warmer Homes team will assess the information provided by the installer within 4 working days of receiving this from your installer.
- If approved, the installer will be in touch to arrange your installation date. Your installation date will depend on your installer's availability.
- Once your measure(s) have been installed, your installer will provide you with a 'Handover Pack' which will include your warranty information and any other relevant paperwork. This should be provided to you within 10 working days following your installation.
- The Warmer Homes team will be in touch following your installation to ensure you are happy with the service provided. This should occur within 15 working days through your preferred method of contact.
You can find further information about the programme and frequenlty asked questions at www.warmerhomes.org.uk .
If you have any questions about the application process, please call 0800 038 5737.