Fareham's Voucher Scheme
Following the launch of the Wider Business Support Scheme, Fareham Borough Council have sourced further funding to help businesses in the borough. The Voucher Scheme will assist with a financial contribution towards the provision of legal and/or financial advice and support businesses, for example to help them to recover from the impact of the Covid pandemic and adapt to economic needs going forward.
This will be achieved by paying the applicant's costs for a Professional Legal Expert, and/or a Professional Financial Expert who must be registered with a relevant recognised professional body for example Law Society/Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies.
The maximum total contribution to a business receiving the support is £1000 which can be used to pay the full legal/financial fee or used as a contribution toward the fees with the business paying the remainder themselves.
To be eligible businesses must be based in and have customers in the Borough. To apply for the Voucher Scheme please access the application form here .
For more information on the scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the process which is to be followed is:
- The business applying for the grant contacts the legal/financial Professional
- They agree what advice and support will be provided, and the cost of this advice
- The business completes the application form (a single form can be completed for both financial and legal support)
- Fareham Borough Council will assess the application, check the business meets the eligibility criteria and will carry out checks on the applicant and the Professional
- If the grant is approved, the applicant will be emailed a voucher prepared for them
- Once the work is finished, the applicant will give the voucher to the Professional in lieu of payment
- The voucher contains instructions to the Professional and recommends they confirm the validity and the value of the voucher with FBC before providing the service
- The Professional will invoice Fareham Borough Council for (up to) the value on the voucher. They will confirm that the advice and support has been delivered and submit the voucher with the invoice
- Fareham Borough council will pay the Professional directly (under no circumstances will the applicant receive the payment)
Terms and Conditions:
- Vouchers can only be used once, and only by the applicant for the specific advice and support which was agreed
- Fareham Borough Council will retain a copy of all vouchers. Any attempt to duplicate, modify or tamper with vouchers will render them void, and could lead to a fraud investigation
- All vouchers need to be submitted by the end of January 2022 to allow time to complete the financial administration process
- No payments will be made after 31st March 2022