Household or business waste must be disposed of correctly. Your waste is your responsibility; if it is fly tipped, even if this is by someone else on your behalf, you can be prosecuted.
You can prevent fly tipping by following the SCRAP advice:
- Suspect all waste carriers. Don't allow them to take your rubbish until they provide proof of registration. Make a note of their vehicle's registration plate.
- Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment Agency's website .
- Refuse unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away.
- Ask how your rubbish will be disposed of and seek evidence of this.
- Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier's contact details.
Find further information by following the links below:
Fly Tipping Enforcement
Fly tipping on Council land
Report Fly Tipping