skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Members of Visiting Forces

If you are a member of a visiting force and you lease or own the property in which you live, your property may be exempt from Council Tax. Any dependants living with you must not be British Citizens or permanently resident in the United Kingdom.

If you are responsible for Council Tax and you allow a member of a visiting force to live with you, you can disregard (not count) the person when you are counting up the number of adults in your property.

If this means that only one person is counted, you will be entitled to a 25% discount off your Council Tax bill.

If you want to apply for a discount or exemption, e-mail  You must supply a copy of the certificate supplied by your Government which proves that you are a member of a recognised visiting force.

You must inform the Council if you are no longer entitled to a discount or exemption. We will take legal action against anyone who fraudulently claims a discount or exemption.

For further information please contact the Council Tax office on Tel: 01329 824651, or e-mail

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds