skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Occupied annexes

If you have an elderly or disabled dependant relative who lives in an adjoining property to your own (an annexe), the property occupied by your relative may be exempt from Council Tax.

The dependant relative must be:

A relative for this purpose is defined as a:

These definitions include relatives who are not related by blood.

If you want to apply for an exemption for a property in Fareham, email

You must inform the Council if you are no longer entitled to a discount or exemption. We will take legal action against anyone who fraudulently claims a discount or exemption.

For further information please contact the Council Tax office on Tel: 01329 824651, or e-mail

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds