Our Service Targets
We aim to collect all the money we are owed at the lowest cost to the Council and our customers and to give a high quality service.
We aim to:
- Reply to your letters within 10 working days
- Answer the phone within five rings
- See you within 10 minutes if you visit us
- Always give our names when we speak or write to you
- Be helpful and polite
- Send bills and letters that are clear and accurate
- Make sure that the right person receives the bill
- Give you a choice of how to pay
- Work within the law
- Avoid making mistakes
- Take prompt action to recover overdue Council Tax.
How can you help?
- Tell us about any changes to your personal circumstances or your property that may affect your tax
- Make sure that your payments reach us by the date that they are due
- Contact us immediately if you are having difficulty making payments
- Give your account number whenever you contact us
- Treat our staff politely and with respect.
- We always welcome your comments
- We would like to hear from you whether it's just a general comment about our service or something more specific
- Let us know if you have any ideas on how we can improve our service to you
- Let us know if we could have done something better
- We also want to know if have done something well
- If you feel that we have made a mistake, or are taking too long to respond to you, please contact us immediately by email@example.com.
For further information please contact the Council Tax office on Tel: 01329 824651, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.