skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookie preferences

We and our partners use technologies such as cookies on our site to enhance your user experience, personalise content and analyse our traffic.

Accept the recommended settings to consent to the use of this technology on our site.

To change your consent choices at any time please use the toggles below.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy

Accept recommended settings

Essential cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.

Performance cookies

Performance cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Housing / Looking For A Home

Mutual Exchange

What is a mutual exchange?

A mutual exchange is where two or more tenants decide they want to swap homes. You can exchange with a housing association or Council property.

Why should you want to exchange?

A mutual exchange may be your best option if you want to move but are not eligible to register on our housing waiting list because your present accommodation is suitable for you and your family. Even if you are on the waiting list it is still worth considering a mutual exchange as you may face a long wait for a move.

How do you find an exchange?

Last year the Council joined a national exchange scheme called 'HomeSwapper' which enables tenants to register for free. We are only able to offer this free service to tenants of Fareham Borough Council. The Council has as a result now withdrawn its register.

If you are a Fareham Borough Council Tenant and wish to take advantage of this free service please visit External Hyperlink and register your details.

If you live in the Fareham Borough and have another social landlord then please visit External Hyperlink to check if your landlord is partnered with the service or alternatively contact your landlord direct.

What happens next?

For more information, contact tenancy services on 01329 236100, or e-mail

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07876 131415
RSS Feeds