skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Leisure / Open Spaces / Gardens And Open Spaces

Street Parties

If you are planning on having your party in a public street you should first contact the Council to confirm that the street is suitable. 

Contact: Licensing Team - 01329 824399 or via email:

The Council will only permit closures where:

A cul de sac or short crescent is likely to be ideal for street parties.  In this type of road you will not have to consult people beyond your own street, and you will not need a traffic management plan or traffic diversions.

Please note that you will be responsible for providing (and funding) any signage or barriers as the Council is not able to provide them for you. 

Should you decide to go ahead and organise a Street Party, please fill in the Street Party - application form PDF (82 KB) (alternatively, please provide the requesed information from the form direct into an email), and submit it to: at least 6 weeks before the event is due to take place. This is so that we can give our colleagues in the emergency services and Highways adequate notice of any event that is going to be taking place and also so that we can advise you on any other licences or permissions that may be required.  Applications for the King's Coronation should be submitted no later than 24th March 2023. This document  External Hyperlink may provide assistance.


Holding an event in Fareham

If you would like to hold an event on an open space in Fareham you should make an application to Fareham's Safety Advisory Group (SAG).  This group consists of officers from various agencies operating in the Borough of Fareham, including the emergency services (Police, Fire and Rescue Service, South Central Ambulance Service), Hampshire County Council (Emergency Planning, Highways and Traffic Management) and Fareham Borough Council Services (Building Control, Legal, Environmental Health, Licensing, Emergency Planning and Traffic Management).

The role of this group is to assist organisers in planning safe events.  When you make an application to the SAG your application documents will be circulated amongst the SAG Members.  If any of those members have any concerns regarding your event you may be requested to provide further information and/or attend a Safety Advisory Group meeting.  At this meeting you will have the opportunity to discuss your plans with all of the agencies represented and hopefully be able to address their concerns, amend your documentation if required, and proceed to hold a safe event.

How to make an event application to the Safety Advisory Group

Please refer to the relevant guidance before completing the forms. 


General Guide for Organisers PDF (2 MB)

Bouncy Castles and other inflatables External Hyperlink

Risk Assessment Guidance PDF (1 MB)

The CIEH Code of Practice on environmental noise control at concerts  External Hyperlink

Road Closure Guidance PDF (1 MB)

Temporary Structure Guidance PDF (88 KB)

Counter terrorism advice External Hyperlink

Street Party Guidance External Hyperlink

Sustainable Events Guide PDF (8 MB)

Fees and charges PDF (802 KB)


Application Form PDF (210 KB)

Risk Assessment Form PDF (1 MB)

Traffic Management Form PDF (1 MB)

Temporary Event Notice External Hyperlink (licensable activities e.g. alcohol, entertainment, where a licence is not already in place)

Street Party Application PDF (82 KB) 


SAG Notes

Fareham SAG asks for six months notice of events likely to attract more than 500 people and three months notice of events of fewer than 500 people.

If your organisation or community group wishes to use any park or open space managed by the Council, you should request specific permission from the Parks Team at Fareham Borough Council, preferably in advance of submitting your application form.

To contact a member of the SAG Team email or 01329 824399.

The hire of open space for your event

We have many areas of open space and recreation grounds which could be available for hire for your event. Popular venues include:

There will be an administration charge when using our parks, open spaces or recreation grounds. Once the application has been submitted and approved, you will be required to sign an agreement for the conditions of hire, provide a risk assessment, a copy of your public liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000 and any other information requested by the fareham Safety Advisory Group. Any damage caused to the site will be assessed and may be re-charged to you. You may also need a public entertainment licence.

You can see more information about hiring open spaces in our policy for the hire of public open space or by contacting Customer Services on 01329 236100 or by e-mail


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds