Football and cricket pitch bookings
Weekly pitch availability
Using sports pitches and associated facilities
Making a booking
Booking cricket at Allotment Road
Invoicing and payment
Safety announcement - Hunts Pond Road - Archery
Safety announcement - Sarisbury Green - Cricket
Fareham has 29 football pitches, nine cricket squares and two rugby pitches, one of which is floodlit. Please note that the floodlights are not available for hire by FBC. Most of these sporting facilities have purpose-built changing and shower rooms as well as car parking. The pitches are available for booking through the Council in most cases or directly with the clubs.
Football/Cricket - Weekly Pitch Availability:
Weekend: 2nd & 3rd March - All off
|Hunts Pond Road
|Sarisbury Green - Cricket
|End of season
Please ensure that you book through the Council if you wish to use the pitches on 01329 824831 (Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com
Using sports pitches and other facilities
All new clubs and leagues must complete a registration form (542 KB).
Please note Pre-season games may not be covered by the League's insurance. Clubs should contact Hants FA to request a copy.
All bookings and cancellations are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hire (675 KB).
Fees and Charges (802 KB)
Making a booking
Once your Club has been registered, you will be able to make a booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01329 824831 with your requests.
Booking pitches directly with clubs (Allotment Road)
To book a Cricket match at Allotment Road Recreation Ground please contact Elaine Smith via email at email@example.com.
The following pitch booking times apply to all grounds:
- From 10am until 12.30pm
- From 12.30pm until 3pm
- From 3pm until 5.30pm
- From 5.30pm until 8pm
The Hirer shall be responsible for their team and the opposition for keeping the pitches and premises, both inside and outside, clean and tidy and for ensuring that all lights, taps, showers and other equipment in the changing rooms are turned off; doors and windows are closed, gates and security shutters to the sports ground (where applicable) are shut before leaving.
Should portable electrical appliances be used in any changing rooms, the Hirer should ensure that the item of electrical equipment has a current PAT testing certificate.
Invoicing and payment
Invoices for football games played will be raised twice during the season – at the end of January for the period of Sept to December and in May for the period of January to May – and September for cricket games. Please contact the Streetscene team on 01329 824831 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay in these ways:
- In person at the main reception on the ground floor of the Civic Offices, (opening hours are 8.45am - 4pm Monday to Friday)
- Telephone 01329 236100, ask for 'sundry debtors' and say you want to make a payment. Please have your invoice and payment card to hand
- Phone our automated telephone service (24 hours a day) on 0345 6066 876. Please have your invoice and payment card to hand
- Send a cheque or postal order (but not cash) with a reference number on the back and a payment slip. We will issue a receipt if you send a stamped addressed envelope with your payment to the Civic Offices, Civic Way, Fareham PO16 7AZ
- Telephone/internet banking – our bank details are Fareham Borough Council BP Account, sort code 52-41-32, account number 07020066
- Online payment service (24 hours).
Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption
This is available for schools, clubs, associations or organisations representing affiliated clubs or constituent associations (such as a local league) subject to these guidelines:
- The series of bookings consists of 10 or more sessions played on the same pitch and is for the same sport or activity.
- The interval between each session is at least one day but not more than 14 days. Letting for every other Saturday afternoon fulfills this condition but there is no exception for intervals longer than 14 days as a result of closure eg public holidays
- The series must be paid for as a whole, invoices for Fixed block bookings (VAT exemption rules) will be raised at the beginning of the seasons and you must provide evidence to show that the person to whom facilities are let has exclusive use of them during the sessions. These bookings cannot be changed.
Safety announcement - Hunts Pond Road - football/archery
All clubs must observe these conditions and pass them to all teams playing here:
- You are using an open space. Please consider other people using it
- Please comply with warning signs
- Do not pass safety rope and warning signs to retrieve balls
- Wait at a rope barrier and don't enter the shooting area until all archers have given all clear
- The archery clubs range safety officer will stop archers from shooting by calling "fast" when balls or people stray into the shooting area
- Archers will not continue shooting until the range safety officer has signalled the "all clear" with a single blow of a whistle
- Please make sure there is no delay in giving the "all clear".
Safety announcement - Sarisbury Green - cricket
Cricket may only be played at Sarisbury Green if the protective netting system is put in place before each game and stays up during it. If this is not possible, you must not play. Failure to comply may result in a team no longer being allowed to play cricket at Sarisbury Green.
For more information please contact Customer Services on 01329 236100 or e-mail email@example.com.