Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Health and safety at work

If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises, you must report some work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences under a scheme called RIDDOR. It stands for the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995. The information you provide will help the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities to identify where and how risks arise and to investigate serious accidents.

You must report all the following:

Reporting incidents?

To make it convenient to you, can report incidents in a variety of ways – by telephone (Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm) fax, the internet or post. You can also report something directly to your local Health and Safety Executive office (by phone and then on form 2508 or 2508A) and these reports will be forwarded to the incident contact centre (ICC) for processing. If you use the internet or telephone service you may not have a copy of the official reporting forms (2508 and 2508A). There is a requirement to keep a record of reported incidents for inspection by visiting officers. To help with this you will be sent a copy of your report and given the chance to correct any errors.

Further information

You can see more information on the HSE website External Hyperlink.

If you would like to discuss any of this, please contact us by email at or by telephone on 01329 236100.


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds