skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Licensing And Inspections / Licensing

Personal Licence

A personal licence permits a specified person to supply alcohol or allow the supply of alcohol at a premises that has a valid premises licence.  Personal licences do not expire, and may be used anywhere in England and Wales. You may only hold one personal licence.

Do I need a personal licence?

You will need a personal licence:

How do I qualify for a personal licence?

You must:

You can apply for your Disclosure and Barring Barring Service Basic Check at the Civic Offices.  You will need to complete a form, submit a fee of £18 and show your original proof documents External Hyperlink.  The Certificate will be sent to your home address, and can be submitted along with your completed application. 

How do I apply for a personal licence?

Complete and submit an application form and disclosure of convictions PDF (836 KB) and declaration form to the licensing authority (council) where you live, not necessarily the authority where you will be working. You will also need to include:

Two photographs, which need to be:


The fee for the application (cash can only be accepted if applying in person -- do not send cash through the post).

The holder of the licence is required by the 2003 Act to notify the licensing authority of any changes of name or address.  The holder is  under a duty to notify any convictions for relevant offences to the licensing authority.  The holder must also notify the licensing authority of any conviction for a foreign offence.

These measures will ensure  a single record will be held of the holder's history by the relevant licensing authority.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds