Accessibility and Display Options
Advice on chemical accidents, toxic fumes and smoke
- Stay indoors until you are advised to leave by the emergency services
- Bring pets indoors
- Close all doors and windows and block obvious vents (remember to unblock before switching equipment on again).
- Tune into local radio and/or television and listen for information
- Switch off air conditioning, ventilation units and fans.
- Extinguish all naked flames.
- Be prepared: get an overnight bag ready as you may be evacuated
- Keep telephone calls to a minimum to avoid overloading the system
- Do not collect your children from school unless instructed to do so as they will be looked after.
How to get here