If the emergency services and/or your local authority representatives ask you to evacuate your home or business, you must:
- Respond to instructions
- Remain calm and leave as quickly as possible
- Gather family and pets together
- Use transport made available to you
- Take with you:
- your "emergency pack".
- a change of warm clothing and blankets
- toiletries and everyday medicines
- if appropriate, baby clothing, nappies and associated toiletries
- special foods
- important documents, immediate valuables and important telephone numbers of friends and relatives
- baskets or cages and leads for pets
- personal items such as glasses, mobile telephone, keys, cash/credit cards.
- Make sure fires are out and that gas, electricity and water are turned off. Allow adequate ventilation before turning them back on
- Secure your property
- Report to your allocated emergency reception rest centre
- If you decide to stay with relatives of friends, please tell the police or local authority officer so that no one spends time searching for you.