skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Planning / Building Control

Building Control

Building Control is a statutory service offering independent specialist surveying advice, Building Regulation application approval, site inspection and enforcement under the national Building Regulations and associated legislation. Other services include; dangerous structures, demolition applications, postal naming and numbering and an access officer for the disabled.

Our friendly helpful team of highly qualified Building Control Surveyors and administration officers provide impartial advice and assistance to the public, agents, architects, builders, developers, and other professionals.

Building regulations

Application forms and charge advice on Building Regulation application approval, site inspection and enforcement under the national Building Regulations and associated legislation, can all be found on the Building Control website External Hyperlink.

Dangerous structures

If you wish to report a dangerous structure or need information about our dangerous structure service, visit the dangerous structures page External Hyperlink.


If you need to make a demolition application or need information or advice on the application process, visit the demolition application page External Hyperlink.

Access and disability

For advice and information on access and disability matters, please visit the disability advice page External Hyperlink.

Postal naming and numbering

Find out information about postal naming and numbering External Hyperlink.


We operate as a Partnership providing the above services on behalf of Fareham Borough Council and Gosport Borough Council.

Visit the Building Control website External Hyperlink for further information.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds