skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookie preferences

We and our partners use technologies such as cookies on our site to enhance your user experience, personalise content and analyse our traffic.

Accept the recommended settings to consent to the use of this technology on our site.

To change your consent choices at any time please use the toggles below.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy

Accept recommended settings

Essential cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.

Performance cookies

Performance cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Planning / Coast Protection And Flooding


If you are concerned about flooding you should contact Floodline on 0345 9881188.

The Council has a limited supply of sandbags for use in emergencies and will try to help as many properties as it can where threatened by flooding.

If your house is under threat and you have no sandbags, you can improvise by using the following:

Flood protection products will not make a home flood proof, this is impossible, but their use may slow the flow of flood water into a property giving you more time to move your belongings to safety.

The Environment Agency External Hyperlink has a booklet - Preparing for Floods External Hyperlink - which gives practical advice on making your home more flood resistant. You can also ask the Environment Agency to send you advance warnings of flood risks. This service provides alerts as soon as the Environment Agency early warning systems detect a flooding risk. To apply for this service either ring the Floodline telephone number, or register for Floodline Warnings External Hyperlink.

Hampshire County Council has information on their website providing flooding advice External Hyperlink, which you may also find helpful.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07876 131415
RSS Feeds