Catisfield is north of Titchfield village on the eastern edge of the Meon Valley. The village has a small core of historic buildings and was designated as a conservation area in 1994. The original nucleus of the settlement was situated around the junction of Catisfield Road, Catisfield Lane and Fishers Hill. The age of the buildings included in the local and statutory lists of buildings of special architectural or historic interest are mostly early 18th century. However, houses grouped around the recognisable street pattern of Catisfield are marked on the Titchfield Estate map as long ago as 1610. Titchfield was an isolated hamlet until surrounding land was developed in the 20th cenury. The hamlet is now bordered on two sides by modern development, with its western and northern edge bordering the start of the rural Meon Valley.