Osborn Road conservation area was designated in 1979. It lies between the Church of St Peter and St Paul and Trinity Street, on the northern edge of the commercial core of Fareham. The purpose of the designation is to protect the distinctive architectural and historic character of the area north of Osborn Road, the strong character of which is derived from the series of Victorian villas set in large landscaped gardens with enclosing boundary walls. These were developed by a Fareham resident, Charles Osborn (1794-1859). The conservation area boundary encompasses the large gardens of the Victorian villas and also the public footpath from Archery Lane to Trinity Street.