Planning Application for a New Lidl food store at Castle Trading Estate, Portchester
On 16th November 2015, Lidl submitted a revised planning application for their proposed food store.
Lidl wanted to build a larger store than that already permitted by Fareham Borough Council, having purchased additional land at Castle Trading Estate. The main changes between the applications were:
- The building increased in size by 930 sqm (from 1,502sqm to 2,432sqm) with the shop floor increasing by 361sqm. This is approximately a 34% increase in sales area.
- The remaining extra floorspace will provide additional back-of-house storage areas and a small first floor for staff welfare/facilities.
- The car parking provision increased from 70 to 100 spaces.
- The car park entrance moved south along the Castle Trading Estate road.
- The design of the building is amended slightly with more glazing around the store entrance and an increase in the overall finished height to accommodate the first floor.
Key application documents
You can view the whole planning application including these additional documents on the dedicated webpage.
Application update 27th January 2016
At their meeting on the 27th January 2016, Fareham Borough Council's Planning Committee granted planning permission for the revised planning application. The full decision notice issued by this Council can be viewed below.