skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Council Tax / Discounts And Exemptions / Disabled Relief

Disabled Relief

If you are disabled, or if a disabled person lives with you, the person who pays Council Tax may be able to claim a reduction in their Council Tax bill. The disabled person may be a child.

The reduction will be equivalent to you having to pay Council Tax at the next band down from the one shown on your bill.  For example, if your house is currently valued in Band D, your reduction will mean that you will pay Council Tax at the Band C level.

If you want to see the effect this would have, see Current Council Tax Bands and Charges.

If your property is already in the lowest band (Band A), you may be entitled to a reduction of 16.5% off your Council Tax bill.

You may be entitled to disabled relief if your home has one of the following features, which is required for meeting the needs of the disabled person and is of major importance to their well-being:

If you think that you may be entitled to disablement relief, please email We will arrange for a Visiting Officer to make an appointment with you to ensure that your property meets the right conditions.

For further information please contact the Council Tax office on Tel: 01329 824651, or e-mail

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds