skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookie preferences

We and our partners use technologies such as cookies on our site to enhance your user experience, personalise content and analyse our traffic.

Accept the recommended settings to consent to the use of this technology on our site.

To change your consent choices at any time please use the toggles below.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy

Accept recommended settings

Essential cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.

Performance cookies

Performance cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Council Tax / Discounts And Exemptions / Disabled Relief

Disabled Relief

If you are disabled, or if a disabled person lives with you, the person who pays Council Tax may be able to claim a reduction in their Council Tax bill. The disabled person may be a child.

The reduction will be equivalent to you having to pay Council Tax at the next band down from the one shown on your bill.  For example, if your house is currently valued in Band D, your reduction will mean that you will pay Council Tax at the Band C level.

If you want to see the effect this would have, see Current Council Tax Bands and Charges.

If your property is already in the lowest band (Band A), you may be entitled to a reduction of 16.5% off your Council Tax bill.

You may be entitled to disabled relief if your home has one of the following features, which is required for meeting the needs of the disabled person and is of major importance to their well-being:

If you think that you may be entitled to disablement relief, please email We will arrange for a Visiting Officer to make an appointment with you to ensure that your property meets the right conditions.

For further information please contact the Council Tax office on Tel: 01329 824651, or e-mail

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07876 131415
RSS Feeds