Fareham Borough Council offers a pest control service for the eradication of rodents and certain insect infestations.
How much does it cost?
Please see our latest Fees and Charges document.
What we treat
Bed Bugs and unknown infestations
Insects such as wasps
1. Domestic premises are inclusive of VAT
2. For Persons in Receipt of one or more of the following benefits the treatment is free of charge:
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit (Guarantee)
- Universal Credit (maximum award)
Domestic Premises: Book a Treatment
- Contact Environmental Health on 01329 824399.
- At the time of booking, you will be requested to make payment over the phone, so please have your means of payment to hand. If you are uanble to make a card payment, please inform the call operative who will discuss other options with you.
- Our appointments are weekdays AM (08:00-12:30) and PM (12:30-17:00), we are unable to book specific times.
- For rodent treatments payment includes up to three treatments, subsequent appointments will be made as necessary by the Pest Control Operative at the time of the first visit.
- Insect infestations eg wasps, fleas or carpet beetles can be treated but this is a chargeable service. A charge will be made (1 MB) before treatment unless you are on job seekers allowance or income/pension support. If this is the case please tell our agent when phoning to book an appointment or for further advice on 01329 236100. We will need proof of benefits.
- Our pest control officer will visit between 08.30 and 16:00 although appointments will be made for am (08.30 - 12:00) or pm (12:30 - 16:00) only. We are unable to provide timed or weekend appointments
- We are unable to provide a service for pigeons, squirrels, foxes and bees. If you are being effected by a swarm of honey bees or you require information on other types of bees, you can contact the British Bee Keepers Association or telephone on 0300 020 0649, where you can obtain details of a bee collector in your area. Opening hours are Mon - Fri 09:00 to 17:00. Alternatively, you can visit Fareham and District Beekeepers Association .
- Under the Prevention of Damage by Pests 1949, we have powers to ensure landowners keep their properties free from rats and mice or items that may provide harbour for them. If you have a complaint about this please contact us.
We provide a chargeable pest control service for commercial premises. This will be charged per hour plus materials (699 KB). If you are interested in a pest control contract please contact us on 01329 824399.
- If you feed wild animals and birds in your garden, remember the food may also attract rodents to the area. We suggest that you put the food in sturdy, pest proof containers above the ground and clear fallen debris from the ground regularly
- Rats are well known inhabitants of the foul water sewerage system, so please ensure you maintain any pipe work for which you are responsible.
Further information is available about:
If you would like to use this service please telephone us on 01329 236100 or e-mail email@example.com.