Useful Links and Information on Household Energy Efficiency Measures
This page details several trusted sources of information that can be used to help understand what energy efficiency measures may be suitable for your home and how to go about obtaining them.
Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP)
The Council is working with LEAP to offer low income and vulnerable residents a completely free of charge service that provides:
- An in-depth energy advice session
- Free small energy savings devices e.g. LED lightbulbs
- Referrals to other local services e.g. Fire Service safety checks
- Funding for insulation, heating measures and green energy generation e.g. solar panels
- Free replacement of old or inefficient appliances
All the relevant information including eligibility requirements can be found on the LEAP website .
Residents can call LEAP freephone on 0800 060 7567 or apply on line www.applyforleap.org.uk
Warmer Homes- Fully Funded Energy Efficiency Improvements
- The Warmer Homes programme provides energy efficiency measures for low income and low energy performance homes
- It provides fully funded improvements such as, cavity and solid wall insultation, loft insultation, air source heat pumps, solar pannels and heating controls
- You may be eligible, if your home has an EPC rating of E, F or G (limited funding available for EPC D rated properties) and you have a household income of £30,000 or less, or you recieve a means tested benefit
- These improvements are funded via the government's Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery & Home Upgrade Grant schemes
- The funding is available until 31 March 2023
- More information can be found on the Warmer Homes website
Solar Together Programme
- Fareham Borough Council has teamed up with iChoosr to launch the Solar Together programme, which offers high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage through a group-buying scheme.
- This brings Fareham households together to get the most competitive prices.
- Residents can register for free, without obligation, by providing details about their roof, such as its size and orientation. Residents will then be provided with a solution to best suit their roof specifications and associated costs from pre-vetted solar installers.
- For more information, please visit the Solar Together website
Energy Efficiency Calculator
Use the Energy Efficiency Calculator for personalised advice on what you can do to cut your energy bills
Find ways to save energy in your home
Find out how you can efficiently heat your home by visiting Home Energy Service website .
- The Environment Centre offers helpful advice on energy efficiency, including reducing your energy bills and insulating you home