skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


An image of a young couple

Under 35s

If you live alone and you are under 35, your Housing Benefit or Universal Credit (Housing Element) will only be based on the Local Housing Allowance shared rate, regardless if you are renting accommodation with more than 1 bedroom.

For details of the Local Housing Allowance rates, please see our Private Tenant pages.

The shared accommodation rate applies if:

The one bedroom rate applies if:

There is a scheme available to assist benefit claimants if they will suffer hardship as a result of rent restrictions. For more information, please see the section on Discretionary Housing Payments.


Back to Benefits Home Page

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds