Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Bulky waste

Donate your item

Before getting rid of bulky items such as furniture, consider whether they could be re-used or recycled External Hyperlink. If your item is clean and in good working order and you would like to donate it to someone who may need it, check for reuse and repair sites External Hyperlink in your area.

More information is available on local re-use charities  PDF (952 KB).

Chargeable collections

Fareham Borough Council provides a chargeable collection service for all homes in the Borough for the disposal of bulky household items such as furniture and large appliances.

Council collections are booked for Mondays (except for Bank Holidays). We require payment in advance. 

Preparing items for collection

Any upholstered furniture which has been split or damaged must be sealed with tape or plastic before collections.  Where possible please protect items from the elements so they remain dry. Items should be left as near roadside as possible

You can find more information here. External Hyperlink


Quotes will be given depending on the number of items you want to be removed. This list should give you an indication of the cost:

If you cancel the booking before 4pm on a Friday, a full refund will be given. After this time a £25 admin fee will be charged.  If a cancellation is not received in time and the crew attend the property the Council will need to recover the costs for this lost time. The cost is based on the lost time accrued by the two-person crew and vehicle to attend your property. The recovery cost will be deducted from the original payment and any outstanding amount will then be credited back to the card used for the booking.

On the 4th May 2021, new regulations came into effect to help people in problem debt better manage their finances. If you would like further information or would like to find out if you are eligible, please see our Breathing Space webpage.

House clearances

If you need help to clear a property contact us and we will estimate the cost for the work. A visit to the property may be required prior to providing an estimate.

Getting a quote/booking a collection

To get a quote for your bulky waste/house clearance collection you can complete our online quote request form or contact us. A visit to the property may be required prior to providing an estimated cost.

Items we do not collect

The Council cannot collect monitors, TVs, light strips, microwaves, asbestos, paint, kitchen units, rubble/concrete from DIY work. This waste should be taken to a household waste recycling centre.

The Council cannot collect green waste. This should be taken to a household waste recycling centre or disposed of using the fortnightly garden waste collection service.

Commercial waste

If you are a commercial builder, you must dispose of your waste through a commercial waste contract. The Council operates a commercial waste service to help businesses collect and dispose of their commercial waste. Contact us for more information.


Householders have a duty of care to ensure their waste is disposed of legally and safely. It is your responsibility to check that anyone taking waste away from your home has a waste carrier's licence. Find out more about flytipping


Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds