Payment of Creditors by BACS Direct Credit
Payment of the Council's Creditors by BACS Direct Credit
All our suppliers are paid by BACS direct credit and these are the major benefits:
- Payments arrive in your account as cleared funds, this means the money can earn interest straight away and you do not have to wait for a cheque to clear
- There is less time spent handling and banking cheques, which means more time attending to your daily business and consequently less cost
- Cheques can be mislaid or delayed, whereas a Direct Credit payment goes straight to your account
- Bank charges for a Direct Credit are often substantially lower than for a cheque
N.B. You still receive a remittance advice providing details of the payment being credited to your bank account, and you can receive it electronically too.
Electronic Remittance Advices for BACS Direct Credit Payments
It is possible to issue an electronic remittance at the time of making payment to you electronically. The remittance is issued by email with PDF attachment.
If you are receiving payment by BACS Direct Credit, but are not receiving your remittance electronically, please contact Exchequer Services on Tel: 01329 236100 or e-mail email@example.com with your email address and we will arrange for you to receive an electronic remittance with future payments.
Other Steps You Can Take to Help Us Pay Your Invoices Promptly
- Orders for goods and services should only be accepted from Council Officers who use an Official Order - please request an order number every time
- Please quote the Official Order number on your invoices
- If your invoices relate to a contract and you do not therefore have an official order, please quote the contact person here at the Council on the invoice
- Please address your invoices correctly. The purchase order will show a delivery address relating to a department or Council building, however, invoices should be sent in PDF format (as recognised by Customs and Excise) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your assistance in this area will help us to be more efficient and pay your invoices on time.