Abandoned Vehicle Service
1. Remove Abandoned Vehicles
We use our licensing and regulatory powers to reduce the risk of danger and to help prevent vandalism or any crime associated with abandoned vehicles.
Scope of Service
- The abandoned vehicle service consists of the removal and storage of abandoned vehicles on any land in the the open air without the authority of the landowner or on any other land forming part of the highway.
- Complaints are received from members of the public, the police, members etc. The location is visited and a statutory notice is attached to the vehicle according to the location and the state of the vehicle.
- If a vehicle is deemed to be abandoned, checks are undertaken to ascertain whether the owner can be traced and endeavours are made to contact the owner. The owner may be charged for action taken in respect of the vehicle.
- Depending upon the type of notice served on the vehicle and/or the progress of the ownership checks, the vehicle is removed and either stored and/or scrapped depending upon its condition.
- Respond to service requests received within 2 working days.
- Remove vehicles issued with a 7 day notice within 10 days of original request.
- Remove vehicles classed as wrecks and issued with a 24 hour notice within 48 hours of original request.
- Remove vehicles on all land in the open air and issued with a 15 day notice within 20 days of original request.
- Investigate new reports of abandoned vehicles within 24 hours of notification.
- Remove abandoned vehicles within 24 hours from the point at which the authority is legally entitled to do so.
For further information on any of the above please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 01329 236100.