Before applying to the fund, you must meet certain criteria:
• You can only apply for funding to meet 'one off' capital costs
• Your project must be sustainable by being able to keep going once our financial support is spent
• You will need to describe what the funding will be used for
• You will need to explain how you will also contribute to the project financially or by providing labour or goodwill
• If you are applying for more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.
The fund is not for:
• on-going running costs, utility bills or rental costs
• projects that don't involve the wider community
• trips, meals, holidays and expeditions
• projects which will result in commercial or personal gain
• charity donations.
• retrospective funding for projects already under way or completed.
You can apply for any amount but if you are seeking more than £5,000, you will be expected to contribute at least the same amount of money to the project from other sources.