We are consulting on the possible implementation or amendment of restrictions in a number of car parks in the Borough.
The locations of the affected parking areas are:
• Meon House Car Park (off Civic Centre Road);
• Burridge Village Hall (Main Car Park);
• Middle Road Car Park, Park Gate;
• The Green Car Park, Stubbington; and
• Car Park to the rear of Standen House, Stubbington.
The effects of the proposals are:
• to clarify definitions in the Borough of Fareham (Off Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order 2017;
• to clarify payments for, and costs of, season tickets;
• amend the description of the restrictions for Civic Offices car park to better reflect the restrictions in force to avoid doubt;
• to introduce a new Permit Holders Only restriction in the car park at Meon House car park (to the rear of High Street, Fareham);
• to introduce a new “4 Hour Maximum Stay, No Return Within 4 Hours” restriction and Burridge Village Hall car park (Burridge); and
• the addition of a “No return within 4 hours” restriction to Middle Road car park (Park Gate), The Green car park (Stubbington) and rear of Standen House car park (Stubbington).
In addition to the above amendments, it is an opportune time to also change the articles within the TRO to reflect:
• the discontinuation of swipe cards for disabled access to the Town Centre barrier operated car parks (Osborne Road Multi-Storey, Shopping Centre Multi-Storey & Market Quay), in favour of the use of the ANPR system for registered users;
• the discontinuation of physical paper permits for staff within the Civic Offices and season tickets, which are to be virtual permits, whereby Civil Enforcement Officers are able to use their handheld devices to check a vehicle's permit status; and
• the necessary amendments and additions to the expressions and their description used within the Order to better reflect the meanings behind the text governing the Order.
Any objections or representations relating to the Order must be made in writing by 5:30pm on Friday 14th December, specifying which Order they relate to, the grounds on which they are made, and addressed to the Head of Environmental Health, Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Fareham, PO16 7AZ; or by email email@example.com.
The Off-Street Traffic Regulation Order has now been implemented.