Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Holding an event in Fareham

Use our online form to enquire about holding an event in Fareham.

If you are interested in holding an event in Fareham, please use the initial enquiry form above. This will allow our Officers from Licensing & Parks and Open Spaces to give you all the necessary, relevant advice.

Safety Advisory Group (SAG) Notes

If you would like to hold an event using Council land in Fareham you should make an application to Fareham's Safety Advisory Group (SAG).  This group consists of officers from various agencies operating in the Borough of Fareham, including the emergency services (Police, Fire and Rescue Service, South Central Ambulance Service), Hampshire County Council (Emergency Planning, Highways and Traffic Management) and Fareham Borough Council Services (Building Control, Legal, Environmental Health, Licensing, Emergency Planning and Traffic Management).

The role of this group is to assist organisers in planning safe events.  When you make an application to the SAG your application documents will be circulated amongst the SAG Members.  If any of those members have any concerns regarding your event you may be requested to provide further information and/or attend a Safety Advisory Group meeting.  At this meeting you will have the opportunity to discuss your plans with all of the agencies represented and hopefully be able to address their concerns, amend your documentation if required, and proceed to hold a safe event.

Fareham SAG asks for six months' notice of events likely to attract more than 500 people and three months' notice of events of fewer than 500 people. Please note that if your event requires a licence for alcohol or entertainment, that there are statutory consultation periods to consider so it's beneficial for applicants/organisers to contact us as far in advance as is practicable.

To contact a member of the SAG Team email or call 01329 824399.

The hire of open space for your event

We have many areas of open space and recreation grounds which could be available for hire for your event. Popular venues include:

There will be an administration charge when using our parks, open spaces or recreation grounds. Once the application has been submitted and approved, you will be required to sign an agreement for the conditions of hire, provide a risk assessment, a copy of your public liability insurance to the value of £5,000,000 and any other information requested by the Fareham Safety Advisory Group. Any damage caused to the site will be assessed and may be re-charged to you. You may also need a public entertainment licence.

We will advise on the availability/suitably of the requested location upon submission of the initial enquiry form.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds