Environmental health out of hours service
Our out of hours emergency service provides a response for residents affected by noise and nuisance issues outside normal office hours. It is an emergency service so should not be used simply to log complaints. Duty officers are 'on call' from their homes. Most calls we receive for this service concern noise. We have put together some information to help you use the system to deal with complaints of this nature.
7 steps to peace and quiet!
- If you wish to use the service please telephone freephone 0800 374485.
- An operator will take your name, address, telephone number and the details of the complaint and will contact the duty officer
- The duty officer will telephone you to give advice and/or arrange a visit if necessary. You will be told at this stage whether your complaint is one that can be dealt with through the out of hours service
- If a visit is arranged, the duty officer will need to call at your premises to see or hear the nuisance. This is very important as if we can't do this, we will be unable to take any further action. If you are not willing to allow an officer to visit you, please do not use the out of hours service
- If the duty officer is satisfied that a nuisance exists he/she will take steps to resolve the problem either at the time of the visit or at more appropriate time
- We may have to serve an abatement notice on the person responsible for the nuisance
- If the nuisance continues after a notice has been served you should contact us again. A duty officer will visit to hear the noise and may decide to prosecute the person responsible. You may be required to provide a statement at this stage.
For further information/advice please contact us during normal office hours on 01329 236100 or e-mail email@example.com.