Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


Other people living with you

If you have friends, relatives or anyone over 18 living in your home you may get less Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support. These people are referred to as 'non-dependants'. An amount may be taken out of your benefit or support for each non-dependant who lives in your home.

Non-dependants do not include:

Non-dependant deductions will not be made if you are:

Non-dependant deductions will not be made if the non-dependant is:

The following tables show the deductions that will be made from your benefit if you have a non-dependant in your home. These figures are valid from 1st April 2024:



Back to Benefits Home Page

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here RSS Feeds