skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close


You are here: Home / Waste Collection And Recycling

Order a bin and garden waste sacks

You can order bins for refuse or recycling and garden waste sacks by calling us on 01329 236100 or emailing

You can now collect a Garden Waste Sack from the Civic Offices.

Refuse and recycling bins

It is recommended that you put your house name or number on your bins so you can identify which is yours.

There is a charge to householders of £36 (including delivery) for a new or replacement refuse and recycling bin. If you have moved house, you will need to buy your bins unless they are there allready. This applies to new-build and existing properties. Only Fareham Borough Council issued bins are acceptable and no others will be emptied.

There is no charge for bins under the following circumstances:

Recycling BinYou are allowed one refuse bin per property unless you qualify for extra capacity as a larger household or have exceptional circumstances. An extra, smaller refuse bin may be offered on a means tested basis.

Please allow a minimum of 10 working days for delivery of bins once payment has been received.

Garden waste

Reusable garden waste sacks

Garden Waste SackThe Civic Offices are now open, so you can collect a garden waste sack in person. Please contact the Council to arrange a delivery if you are unable to get to the Civic Offices.

Please note, we will not empty green sacks which are not marked with Fareham Borough Council. Only one garden waste sack issued by the Council can be collected from your property.


Disposable garden waste bags

Garden BagYou can buy disposable garden waste bags for extra garden waste, but these will only be collected up to early December 2021. There is a charge of £45.00 for 25 bags (including delivery) or £12.00 for 5 bags. You can put out as many of these bags on collection day as you wish. Please contact the Council to order them or they can be colleced in person from the Civic Offices by paying at the cash office.

Please note only disposable garden waste bags issued by the Council will be collected. 

From 2022, the garden waste service is changing, and these disposable bags and garden waste sacks will no longer be collected.

Home composters

Composting is an easy way to reduce the amount of waste in your bin. As well as holding waste such as peelings, uncooked vegetables, tea bags, straw and pet bedding, a composter will improve the soil in your garden. Hampshire residents can buy reasonably priced composters External Hyperlink.

New property developments

When new houses are built, the developer may buy the bins; but if not, residents will be required to purchase bins. Developers must buy the communal bins for new flats. Current charges for refuse and recycling bins are:

Standard refuse and recycling bin for new houses

240 litre = £48.00 including VAT

Communal refuse and recycling bins for flats

340 litre = £74.00 including VAT 
1,100 litre = £452.00 including VAT

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07876 131415
RSS Feeds