Fees for planning advice
(With effect from 1 April 2015)
Which developments are within the charging scheme?
Requests for pre-application advice must be accompanied by the relevant fee. If this falls within more than one level, we will charge the highest appropriate rate. You can see more about what you should submit and how we set out our advice on our pre-application advice page.
Level 1 development - £422.40 (£352 + £70.40 VAT)
- provision of 15 or more dwellings or residential development of a site more than 0.5 hectares in area
- provision of retail, commercial, agricultural and industrial floor space more than 1000m²
- provision of educational, hospital, leisure and recreational floor space more than 1000m²
- change of use applications relating to sites or buildings exceeding 1000m²
Level 2 development - £316.80 (£264 + £52.80 VAT)
- provision of 3-14 dwellings or the provision of residential development on a site of between 0.1-0.49 hectares in area
- provision of retail, commercial, agricultural and industrial floor space between 100m² - 999m²
- provision of educational, hospital, leisure and recreational floor space between 100m² - 999m²
- change of use applications relating to sites or buildings between 100 and 999 m²
- telecommunication equipment and masts applications for 10 or more sites (not including prior approval submissions)
Level 3 development - £158.40 (£132 + £26.40 VAT)
- provision of 1or 2 dwellings (including staff accommodation)
- provision of retail, commercial , agricultural and industrial floor space up to 99 m²
- provision of educational, hospital, leisure and recreational floor space up to 99 m²
- change of use applications involving floor space up to 99 m²
- individual telecommunication equipment and masts applications (not including prior approval submissions)
- advertisements and hoardings
- variation of planning conditions (non householder)
- moorings/ pontoons
- engineering operations
- means of enclosure/ security measures (non householder)
Additional charges where costs incurred for external consultation
Officers may wish to seek advice from outside the Council for which a charge is levied. This might include expert advice on an 'agricultural need' case or a retail impact assessment. If so, we will advise you why we believe the advice is needed and ask you to pay these costs. If you are not prepared to do this, we will not seek the advice and will state in our response that this particular aspect is not being addressed.
Charges for follow-up advice
For each request for a follow-up meeting or more written comments, you must pay a further fee. We will not work on your proposals until we have received it. We will not charge for commenting on notes of meetings where we gave pre-application advice.
The level of fee for follow-up advice will be:
Level 1 developments - £211.20 (£176 + £35.20 VAT)
Level 2 developments - £158.40 (£132 + £26.40 VAT)
Level 3 developments - £105.60 (£88 + £17.60 VAT)
Once we have received your pre-application proposal and fee, we will start work on it. If you withdraw your pre-application proposals after we have acknowledged them, we will not be able to refund the fee.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Fareham, PO16 7AZ or telephone our Duty Officer on 01329 236100 between 8.45am and 5.15pm, Monday to Friday.