skip to main content

Accessibility and Display Options

Choose accessibility and display settings
Text Preferences
Colour Schemes
Save Close

Cookies and Privacy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

For further details, see our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy

I AcceptI Do Not Accept


Essential cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies; they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Third party functions such as Google Search and Analytics will not be enabled.


Performance settings enable you to use the Google Search engine on our website and help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage (for example, which of our pages are most frequently visited).

Save and Close


You are here: Home / Leisure

Housing and benefits


Benefits calculator

If you are unsure what benefits you may be eligible for, use our benefits calculator External Hyperlink. It's free to use and completely anonymous.

Universal Credit, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you live on a low income (even if you are in full-time work or self-employed) and pay rent or council tax for your home, you may be entitled to some help by claiming one or more of the above benefits. Find all the information in our benefits section

Cost of living payment

Find out whether you are eligible for the government's cost of living payment by visiting their cost of living payment page External Hyperlink.

Discretionary Housing Payments

The Government gives every Council a sum of money each year to help people are having trouble paying their rent, who already receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit (housing element). The Council's Housing Benefit Service decides who should be given the payments; find out more information and whether you may be eligible.

Support for housing costs

In cases of genuine, exceptional emergency where needs are not met by existing housing support schemes, there is support available through funding, eligibility for which is determined by the Council based on individual needs. Find out more information and eligibility for the fund External Hyperlink.

Mortgage payments

If you are struggling with making your mortgage payments, you can find information and support at Citizens Advice External Hyperlink.

You may be eligible for help towards paying interest on your mortgage through the government's Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) loan. Find out more and apply here External Hyperlink.

Help for those worried about losing their home

If you fear losing your home, or are already homeless, the Council can help you. Find out what support is available to you, or contact us by telephone on 01329 824343 or email

Housing advice sheets

If you want to see all of the support that may be available to you regarding housing, funding, homelessness and a variety of other issues that may affect you, we have a number of advice sheets all in one place that may be of help.

Pension credits

If you have reached the qualifying age for State Pension Credit, you may be eligible for Pension Credit, which could mean extra money for you every week. Find out more information and whether you are eligible.

Back to top of page Back to Top How to get here
Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07860 098627
RSS Feeds