Draft Local Plan Consultation Responses (Regulation 18) - Summary of Comments
The Draft Fareham Local Plan 2036 was published for consultation (Regulation 18) between 25 October and 8 December 2017. You can read a summary of the comments made on each of the proposed sites or policies using the links below.
We have tried to ensure that any comments which appear to have been submitted in relation to the incorrect proposed site or policy are included within the correct summary.
The full comments, as received, are available for anyone to read on the Full Comments Webpage.
The Council will continue to progress the Fareham Local Plan 2036. At further stages in plan preparation the Council will provide responses to the summary of comments and appropriate changes will be made to the Local Plan.
Chapter/Policies of Local Plan
In addition to the individual responses received using the online and paper consultation forms, the following petitions were received:
- Petition 1 (Portchester) – "We the undersigned are appalled at the ruin of our village being brought about by developers with only their own interests at heart. We call on the Council to oppose future such actions."
There were 471 expressions of support for this petition.
- Petition 2 (Portchester) – "We the undersigned residents petition the Council to reconsider plans for proposed housing developments on the following greenfield sites in Portchester: Moraunt Drive- 49, Downend Road East – 350, Romsey Avenue – 225 The present plan which is currently out for consultation is unbalanced. The proposed site allocations for new housing within the Draft Plan is not Equally distributed across the Borough of Fareham. It is beyond belief that Fareham Borough Council believes Portchester can grapple with an additional 624 new homes on top of 120 already being built at Cranleigh Road."
There were 240 expressions of support for this petition.
- Petition 3 (Warsash and Western Wards) - "We the undersigned petition the council to get on and allow the building of some decent homes for local people and those that chose to make this their home. We are not keen on the traffic but we understand homes have to be built somewhere."
There were 26 expressions of support for this petition.
- Petition 4 (Warsash & Western Wards) - "We the undersigned petition the council to stop the building of 1500 new homes in Warsash, Locks Heath, Park Gate and Titchfield Common. Whilst it is appreciated that the task is not an easy one, there are many sites that we believe the council should be looking at that are more suitable than Warsash and the Western Wards, such as Newlands Farm. We also request that Fareham Borough Council look at SHLAA Ref 3127 and the surrounding area of Fareham North and east of the Town centre. This appears to be a prime location as it already has direct access to the motorway and easy access to the public transport links in Fareham town centre and three senior schools. Fareham centre is also an ideal place for leisure facilities and has space for doctors etc to service the needs of new houses. It would inject a new lease of life into what is already an established town that is essentially being allowed to slide into disrepair."
There were 2390 expressions for support of this petition.
- Petition 5 (Wallington) - We the undersigned petition the council to reconsider the proposed 127 houses on the Wallington Sites – Pinks Hill (HA8), Military Road (Gauntlett's Field – HA16) and North Wallington/Standard Way (HA20) as outlined under FBC's Draft Local Plan
There were 122 expressions of support for this petition.